Finally, the book that blows the lid off the the greatest scam
in the history of medicine!
If you're like most people, you honestly believe that keeping a low blood cholesterol level and avoiding fatty foods are the keys to escaping the deadly clutches of heart disease.
For years you've been watching your cholesterol levels like a hawk. You've been meticulously trimming the fat from your meats, drinking skim milk, and eating only the lowest fat foods you can find. Your doctor has even placed you on statins, those 'miracle' cholesterol-lowering drugs that allegedly slash your risk of heart disease by one-third!
YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME - AND MONEY!
You don't know it yet, but you've fallen hook, line and sinker for the biggest scam in the history of medicine! You're not alone - your neighbours, your doctor, the reporters who write the health articles appearing in your local paper, and even thousands of experienced researchers have also been effortlessly taken in by this elaborate con!
It's time the truth was known. Despite years of vilifying animal fats and instilling cholesterol paranoia in people the world over, the sad reality is that the age-adjusted incidence of heart disease has not declined one iota! Health authorities are quick to boast that the death rate from heart disease has declined since the late sixties, but this is wholly due to improved medical care of those who already have heart disease! If the anti-cholesterol, anti-fat campaign was effective in reducing heart disease, it would stop people from having heart attacks in the first place. But it doesn't!
How many more lives must be needlessly lost before people realize they've been conned?
I'm here to tell you that blood cholesterol does not cause heart disease - and never has! Neither do those highly vilified saturated fats you go to painstaking lengths to avoid! In fact, there is abundant evidence to show that saturated fats are good for you!
By now you're probably asking yourself, "Is this guy crazy?"
Well, that's what the drug companies and low-fat food manufacturers who make billions in revenue each year as a direct result of the reigning cholesterol paranoia would like you to believe! It's also what 'respectable' health authorities - who receive millions in 'donations' from food and drug companies in one hand, while disseminating allegedly 'impartial' health advice to the public on the other - would have you believe.
But the truth is, I'm not an axe-grinding fringe lunatic. I'm a deadly serious independent researcher. When I say that cholesterol does not cause heart disease, I can readily back up my assertions with a mountain of evidence from peer-reviewed medical journals. Unlike the drug companies, the food manufacturers, and the public and private health agencies that have intimate financial ties to these industries, I don't profit from cultivating cholesterol paranoia. For years, I've been alerting the public, through my controversial website TheOmnivore.com, about the falsity of the cholesterol hypothesis. For years, I've been challenging all-comers to prove me wrong, to provide the definitive clinical evidence that cholesterol and saturated fat cause heart disease.
No-one has been able to do so, and here's why:
THE EVIDENCE DOES NOT EXIST!
The shocking, sordid tale of the cholesterol scam - a mind-boggling saga of ignorance, corruption, deceit and greed - is a subject worthy of an entire book! So that's exactly what I've done; after years of research, I've finally put together The Great Cholesterol Con, a 368-page demolition job that destroys every last possible defense of the cholesterol theory of heart disease!
In The Great Cholesterol Con, you will learn how decades of research, published in the world's most prestigious medical journals, clearly show that the anti-cholesterol campaign is a farce!
You will learn why:
* The coronary heart disease 'epidemic' that occurred during the twentieth century had nothing to do with saturated fat intake!
* A single disgruntled researcher, who conducted some of the sloppiest and most shamelessly biased research ever seen, was largely responsible for launching the anti-animal fat, anti-cholesterol mania as we know it today!
* Study after study has shown that people with so-called 'healthy' low cholesterol levels actually live shorter lives!
* Upon closer scrutiny, the very studies that have formed the cornerstone of the anti-cholesterol argument actually show that cholesterol and saturated fat are not harmful!
* Numerous populations consuming high saturated fat diets have been documented to enjoy very low rates of heart disease!
* Over fifty years' worth of clinical dietary intervention trials have completely failed to show any mortality benefit among those following saturated fat-restricted diets - in fact, several of these studies showed higher death rates among those assigned to diets low in saturated fats!
* Many dietary recommendations made by 'experts' to reduce heart disease have actually been shown in animal and human studies to increase heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity!
* The primary force behind the anti-cholesterol paradigm is not public health, but greed! Money makes the anti-cholesterol world go round; drug companies, food companies, the medical profession, and health organizations all make billions in dollars of profit from the cholesterol theory!
If you have been convinced that the cholesterol theory is all about furthering public health, you could not be more wrong!
After reading The Great Cholesterol Con, you'll know more about cholesterol and heart disease than most doctors! And more importantly, you'll discover what really promotes heart disease and what you can do to prevent it!
Did you know that:
* Your blood sugar level is a far more powerful influence on your future heart attack risk than blood cholesterol could ever dream of being?
* Stress is one of the most powerful, but underrated, triggers of heart disease?
* That the low-fat diet you are following to avoid coronary disease may in fact be setting you up for a deadly heart attack?
* That, despite an abundant calorie intake, the diet eaten by most people leaves their hearts and arteries starved of the very nutrients they need to repair themselves?
* That a little-known gas exerts a huge influence over whether or not you will succumb to heart disease? (Learn what this gaseous substance is, and how to maintain healthy levels of it!)
* That the type of fat you eat is more important than the amount of fat you eat?
* That regular exercise can keep 'old' hearts as robust as young ones?
* That the mineral iron may hold the key to one of the greatest heart disease mysteries of all time?
* That your dentist may be a more powerful ally in your quest to avoid heart disease than your doctor?
* That the massively-hyped Polypill is based on some highly questionable research assumptions?
* That a safe, effective drug-free 'Polypill' is already widely available?
* When it comes to increasing lifespan, aspirin, statins, bypass surgery and angioplasty are utterly useless for the majority of people they are prescribed for?
* That vegetarian eating has not been shown to extend mortality or protect against heart disease?
What is a healthier cardiovascular system worth to you? One thousand dollars (the approximate cost of one year's worth of statin drug prescriptions)? Twenty-nine thousand dollars (the average cost of a ballon angioplasty procedure)? Or sixty-one thousand dollars (the average cost of a coronary bypass operation)? Or is a healthy heart simply priceless?
What if I told you that the path to a healthier heart could be yours for only $19.99? That's less than the cost of a single restaurant meal!
That's all you'll pay (plus shipping) for your very own copy of The Great Cholesterol Con, which is currently available for 20% below the RRP of $24.99, but only to readers of TheOmnivore.com and members of Lulu.com! (If you've never shopped at Lulu before, it's easy! Just click here:
and click the "Sign Up" link near the top left hand corner of the page. It's a similar process to the one you used when you signed up at Amazon.com, and only takes a few minutes!)
Before I sign off, I'd like to share some feedback on The Greast Cholesterol Con from two of the most knowledgable cholesterol experts in the world:
"I wholeheartedly urge you to read this book from cover to cover - it could be your life that is saved by the valuable information gracing the pages of this long overdue book."
- Duane Graveline, M.D., MPH. Former astronaut, NASA physician, author of Lipitor: Thief of Memory and Statin Drugs, Side Effects and the Misguided war on Cholesterol.
"In this timely and urgently needed book, Colpo starts by pointing out the many contradictions inherent in the lipid hypothesis. Meticulously, he dissects the numerous fallacies of the anti-cholesterol campaigners and highlights their blatant misuse of statistics."
Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD. Independent researcher, spokesman for The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics (www.thincs.org) and author of The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy that Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease.
To have glowing testimonials from such truly expert commentators means a lot to me - these guys are not your run-of-the-mill family physicians! Duane 'Spacedoc' Graveline is the renegade NASA doctor who helped alert millions to the phenomenon of statin-induced memory loss, while Uffe Ravnskov is the highly regarded author of dozens of published peer-reviewed articles on both kidney disease and the fallacy of the cholesterol paradigm.
Find out for yourself why these high level experts are so impressed with The Great Cholesterol Con - you might just save your own life in the process!
Best of Health,
Independent researcher, author of The Great Cholesterol Con.
Basically what I've been suspecting for a while now.
she had clogged arteries. Now the question I'm wondering is if the clogged arteries actually were from cholesterol or what. And if so, then how does that explain your post. I'm just curious because I have researched this as well since it happened to her.
I just wanted to point out that what your research states may be true but I know for a fact that when my mother had heart surgery she had clogged arteries. Now the question I'm wondering is if the clogged arteries actually were from cholesterol or what. And if so, then how does that explain your post. I'm just curious because I have researched this as well since it happened to her.
You might be thinking of arterial plaque, which is the white stuff that slowly accumulates on the artery walls until they clog. Mainstream medical professionals (licensed puppets) have blamed cholesterol for these clogs, but that isn't entirely true. Cholesterol is supposedly one of the components of the plaque, but is not the cause for the formation of the plaque. There are at least two theories about what causes plaque to form in the arteries:
Arterial damage theory. The body moves to fix the arterial damage, and uses plaque to cover the area like a scab. Why the plaque builds up to a clog, or what happened to the arterial damage underneath, is not answered.
Chlorine theory: There are various types of this theory, all blaming chlorine as the cause.
Chlorine combines with calcium to form plaque.
Chlorine attaches to artery walls and is attacked by white blood cells, which then get stuck to the artery walls and accumulate calcium and fat from the blood to form plaque.
Chlorine causes abnormalities in the arteries [which the body attempts to fix with plaque].
Chlorine oxidizes cholesterol, which turns into a gummy substance that collects on artery walls.
If you were wondering if the plaque that forms in the mouth is related to the plaque that forms in the arteries, you are right. They have confirmed that they are related, but don't know how yet.